Tuesday, March 26, 2013

California!

Ready for a picture overload??

My momma and I decided to take a spur of the moment trip to California to visit my brother and his family and let me tell ya... this couldn't have come at a more perfect time. I was going CRAZY with this stupid Utah weather and just needed to get out somewhere other than the mall or Target. I was a little nervous because I havn't gone on a long road trip with a toddler and didn't know how well Nix would do. He was amazing! I don't know how I got so lucky with such a good little traveler.

The first day we were in California we just took it easy. Went to the park with all the kids and then took a little trip to Cal Poly University (such a gorgeous campus!) where the kids got to pet and feed all the farm animals. Nix was in heaven. He even let the cow eat out of his hand.

 




The second day we packed up the whole clan and headed to Knott's Berry Farm for the day. It had been years since I had been there and was super excited to take Nix. I love theme parks and would probably live at one if that was allowed. I didn't know how Nix would react to the rides since it usually takes him a while to get comfortable with new things (ugh... don't even get me started with nursery. NIGHTMARE!!) but he loved it and it was so fun watching him experience them for the first time.




 

The third day we spend a few hours at Newport Beach. Although the water was freezing it was still warm enough to enjoy the sand and even get a little tan. Nix absolutely hated the sand at first and it took me a good 5 minutes to remove his clinging arms from my body. Once he realized the sand wouldn't hurt him he really liked it. He also loved chasing all the birds but would freak out if the water got anywhere near him.  I took one of the videos below of him running near the water chasing the birds and all of the sudden he stopped and yelled "cheese!" cause he thought I was taking a picture (he's obsessed with taking pictures). I thought it was hilarious but it's probably only because i'm his mother and think every little thing the kid does is adorable.

This is what the first 5 minutes of the beach looked like.
 








 It was so much fun and this trip made me even more excited for summer to get here!! Hopefully we will be back soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment